Reliance Jio MNP – Port to Jio Guide: Starting 5th September users of other mobile networks like Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Bsnl, Aircel, Docomo, etc. can switch to Reliance Jio and avail unlimited Data, Jio Preview offer, and other benefits till 31st Dec 2016. After that, users can enjoy free Voice Calls when they buy Jio 4G data packs.
Reliance Jio is also offering Unlimited SMS, Hotspot data and other benefits like extra 25% data for students, No Blackout days and no roaming charges across India. With MNP (Mobile Number Portability) service available, users of any Telecom service provider can quickly switch to Jio without much hassle. Users don’t have to change their phone number. The Jio MNP will be live from 5th September. Just follow the steps below to port your number to Reliance Jio.
Update: Now, users can enjoy Free 4G Data, voice, video calls till 31st March 2017 Under Jio Happy New Year offer.
Table of Contents
Steps To Port Your Number To Jio 4G
Note: Users of any Indian Telecom Service provider like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL, others can port their number to Jio 4G SIM Card through MNP.
1. Send an SMS “PORT Mobile Number” to 1900. You have to send the SMS from the same mobile number that you want to port to Jio 4G. Normal, SMS Charges Apply.
Example – PORT 9876543210
2. After sending the SMS, you should receive an SMS with UPC (Unique Port Code). The UPC is valid for 15 Days only. Now, Download MyJio app from Play Store and generate offer code.
3. Visit the Nearest Reliance Digital or Xpress Mini Store or Preferred Jio retailer or prominent multi-brand Jio stores and fill the customer application form. Also, you will have to submit the required documents like Aadhar Card, Passport size photo, Address proof. Very soon, Reliance will be implementing Jio eKYC Signup.
4. A new Jio 4G Sim Card will be given to you on-the-spot. As per the Telecom regulations of India, your number will remain with your current service provider for the next 5 Days.
5. After 5-7 Days, you can insert the New and Activated Jio Sim Card in your 4G smartphone and enjoy the Jio Preview offer and other benefits.
- You will have to pay Rs. 19 For the Process to get done.
- Once the porting process is complete, your current SIM card will show “No Service” and you can insert new Jio Sim card. `
Same steps are required for Airtel to Jio Port, Idea to Jio Port, Vodafone to Jio Port, Docomo to Jio Port, BSNL to Jio port or any other service provider. Please note that the UPC code is valid only for 15 Days, and you have to Port your mobile number before the Unique Port Code expires.
All you have to do is, generate the UPC code from your current mobile number and head over to nearest Reliance Digital store and get your Jio 4G Sim for free.
Reliance Jio will be officially launched on 5th September, and the commercial operations of Jio will start from 31st December. Starting Sep 5, All Jio Premium Services and Apps like JioPlay, JioBeats, JioMoney will be available free for all users under Jio Welcomer offer.
Reliance had also cut down the price of New LYF Handsets and JioFi WiFi device. On an average, all the Indian Telecom operators charge Rs 250 per GB, but Jio is offering Data at Rs 50 Per GB. Mr. Mukesh Amabni, CEO of Reliance stated that Jio 4G network would cover 90 percent of Indian Population by March 2017.
JIo MNP – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the MNP users avail Jio Welcome Offer Benefits?
In case, you Port From another network to Reliance Jio, you can enjoy all the free unlimited Data, voice call and other benefits till 31st December 2017.
2. What documents are required to Port to Jio?
First, you need to generate the UPC and the Jio Offer code. When you visit the Reliance Digital, xpress Mini store or any other Jio Sim card vendor, you have to submit passport photos, address and identity proof documents.
You don’t have to carry or provide any documents if the Reliance Digital store is implementing eKYC Process for issuing the Jio Sim Cards.
3. How to Generate the UPC Code For Jio MNP?
As I mentioned earlier, you need to send an SMS request to TRAI to get the unique Port Code.
Send “PORT YourMobileNumber” to 1900
As standard SMS charge apply, you have to make sure that you have sufficient balance in your main account for sending the SMS.
Within in a few minutes, you will an SMS from 1901 with the UPC code.
Hi! Your UPC is XXXXXXXX & This is valid till 00-00-2016. Pls disclose the UPC only to recipient operator personnel at the point of sale & not to any other person.
4. How to generate the Jio offer code?
The first thing you need to do is install the MyJio App. After installing the App, you will get a popup to get the Jio Sim or Generate the Offer code.
You can install all the Jio Apps in a single click, on some Android mobiles, you will have to approve each app request. After all the apps are installed, you will get the welcome offer screen. Once, you get the Jio welcome screen; you have to enter the Sate, City, first name, last name, current mobile number. After entering all the details, click on generate OTP.
Enter the One time password sent to your mobile number and Generate the Barcode.
Update: Relaince Jio accuses Bharati Airtel, Vodafone and Idea of rejecting the MNP requests. These Telecomm operators are refusing to enable the Mobile Number Porting service to their users which is aganist the Licence terms and conditions of TRAI.
According to Livemint, the Incumbet operators Airtel, Idea and vodafone have declined all the Porting requests between 9th – 12th september. Relaince Jio asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to take serious action aganist them.
If you have any queries regarding Reliance Jio MNP, post them in the comments section below and I’ll answer them.